- Love a challenge, and rise to it with persistence and determination
- Are very competitive, and love getting outside to play a competitive sport, or do a competitive warm-up before a lesson
- Are still only 7, 8 and 9 years old so they love novelty, and colour, and fun, and silliness
- Love to share their knowledge and skills with their peers by helping others or showing what they can do
- Are very creative and love to construct and make things
So, what I will be doing for my students this term is:
- Giving them challenges to stretch their brains
- Using all of my early years knowledge to make our learning fun, exciting and a bit silly sometimes!
- Channelling their competitive side into great teamwork, collaborative activities and awesome poison ball games
- Sharing their skills far and wide and with each other (one new activity we're having in term 2 is "Guest Reader", where students will be able to sign up to read a book to the class during our inside eating time, we started it last term and they adored it!!)
- Incorporating construction and craft into our curriculum wherever I can
I'm sure both of these lists will continue to grow as I learn more about my students and think of more ways to develop my teaching to suit their needs, but I really wanted to get this bit of reflection written down. I'm so excited to make this an awesome term!!